Gaining Comfort at the Computer (& Beyond): Easing the pain of Overuse Injuries
Are long hours at the computer giving you stiff neck and shoulders? Or that occasional pain in your back or arms. In today’s day and age, most people brush this off as “normal,” or as something they just have to learn to deal with. Yet, why live life in pain when you could live life with vitality? We know that when people feel good, their productivity and happiness in the workplace (and beyond) increases. This workshop is appropriate for you if:
- You are a computer user and are experiencing even the first signs of repetitive stress (tingling, achy, stiff, or burning type of sensations in the arm & neck)
- You are a Feldenkrais® practitioner who wants more ideas for how to treat clients who present with overuse injuries.
- You have back tightness or pain or any other physical pain conditions.
- You want to improve your balance, agility and sports performance.
- You are an Occupational or Physical Therapist, Yogi, or person in the health and wellness field who wants more tools in your tool box and a novel perspective on healing.
- You are interested in developing greater body awareness, mindfulness, focus, concentration and relaxation.
Shara Ogin has been an Occupational Therapist since 1993 a Feldenkrais practitioner since May 2002, and an Ergonomist since 2006. Her passion is teaching people how they can use their bodies and minds more effectively so they can undo emotional and physical movement and patterns that stand in the way. She has published a book called “A Quick Guide to Easing Pain, in the WorkPlace & Beyond” along with her several other CD’s and DVD’s all designed to help people get to the root of their longstanding pain and evoke change.
Saturday, June 29
Non-Feldenkrais® Practitioners, Feldenkrais® Practitioners, Trainees, & Public