The Feldenkrais Guild of North America ARCHIVE 2015-03-25
The purpose of the Feldenkrais Guild of North America is to develop, promote and protect the Feldenkrais Method by
- Upholding the Standards of Practice
- Educating the public, in all its diversity
- Promoting professional development
- Providing service to it members
The Feldenkrais Guild was established by Moshe Feldenkrais, D.Sc., in 1977, to be the professional organization of practitioners and teachers of the Feldenkrais Method.
In 1997 we changed our name to the Feldenkrais Guild of North America (FGNA).
Only people personally trained by Dr. Feldenkrais, or graduates of Guild Accredited Training Programs are eligible to be certified, to become members of FGNA, and to use its service marked terms:
- Awareness Through Movement®
- Functional Integration®
- Feldenkrais Method®
- Guild Certified Feldenkrais Practitionercm
- Guild Certified Feldenkrais Teacher®
FGNA is a nonprofit, tax exempt, professional organization concerned with increasing public awareness of the Feldenkrais Method of somatic education, the certification and continuing education of practitioners, the protection of the quality of the Feldenkrais work, and research in the Method's effectiveness.